第3節 2002/9/14(土)
観衆 9,687人 
天候 曇、弱 気温 22.6度 湿度 67% 
主審:片山 義継 副審:泉 弘紀/木城 紀和 四審:江角 直樹

J1 2nd 第3節












サンフレッチェ広島 FC東京
23' 茂木 弘人
107' エルツェッグ
得点者 67' 石川 直宏
67' 中山 元気 → エルツェッグ
77' 藤本 主税 → 松下 裕樹
81' 高橋 泰 → 久保 竜彦
101' 茂木 弘人 → 沢田 謙太郎
選手交代 63' 戸田 光洋 → 福田 健二
82' 伊藤 哲也 → 藤山 竜仁
13 シュート 22
2 CK 6
18 FK 15
85' 森﨑 和幸
GK 1 下田 崇
DF 5 駒野 友一
DF 6 トゥーリオ
DF 31 ビロング
DF 17 服部 公太
MF 8 森﨑 和幸
MF 7 森﨑 浩司
MF 9 高橋 泰
MF 11 藤本 主税
FW 26 茂木 弘人
FW 27 中山 元気
GK 33 尾﨑 勇史
DF 3 沢田 謙太郎
MF 15 松下 裕樹
FW 10 久保 竜彦
FW 35 エルツェッグ
GK 1 土肥 洋一
DF 20 加地 亮
DF 3 ジャーン
DF 15 伊藤 哲也
DF 2 茂庭 照幸
MF 5 下平 隆宏
MF 16 宮沢 正史
MF 36 石川 直宏
MF 19 ケリー
MF 13 戸田 光洋
FW 11 アマラオ
GK 35 小林 弘記
DF 8 藤山 竜仁
MF 7 浅利 悟
MF 23 喜名 哲裕
FW 9 福田 健二





Three Out Of Three? 

F.C.TOKYO made the long trip to Hiroshima for the third game of the second stage. Sanfrecce, after a disappointing first stage campaign ( which included a 4-0 drubbing at Tokyo Stadium in the first game after the World Cup, highlighted by Toda's hat trick ) had replaced their manager during the break; an excellent away win over F Marinos in the previous game plus the signing of former Croatian international striker Erceg signalled a positive start under new manager Kimura. However, in 14th. place in the overall standings Sanfrecce were peering into the abyss of relegation; with a vital three points at stake and revenge on their minds the players' motivation would be undoubted. 
F.C.TOKYO had made an excellent start to the second stage, winning both games without conceding a goal and allaying the fears raised by some defensive frailty in the first stage. Yoichi Doi, the TOKYO No. 1, had been in superb form while Ishikawa, Kelly and the ageless Amaral were back to their best at the other end. Aiming for a third consecutive win TOKYO were unchanged from the previous game.





End To End 

TOKYO pressured Sanfrecce straight from the kick off as Kelly's through ball set Toda free down the left. He elected to pass instead of shoot: the ball evaded Amaral and Ishikawa, following up, struck his shot against a defender. Kaji overlapped and centered in the 5th. minute and a minute later Amaral fired fractionally wide from a good position. 
Fortunate not to be behind the young Sanfrecce team fought back and only a desperate block prevented Mogi from opening the scoring following a goal mouth melee. Soon after, an under hit back pass from Jean played in Nakayama but he scuffed his shot and Doi saved with his legs. 
With an average age of only 22 and a strike force of 18 year-old Mogi and 20 year-old Nakayama, Sanfrecce unexpectedly began to cause problems for the TOKYO defence with their simple, direct football. Long balls played to Nakayama were knocked down or laid off to Mogi, Fujimoto or Takahashi while side backs Komano and Hattori lent their weight to the attack. Fast passing movements and darting runs from the speedy Mogi proved difficult to contain and the visitors found themselves on the back foot.




TOKYO Concede First Goal of Second Stage 

Both teams were creating and spurning chances. Amaral headed a vicious Miyazawa free kick against the bar at the far post in the 18th. minute and shortly after Doi hared out of his goal to clear off Fujimoto's toes as a fine through ball had split the TOKYO defence. Doi was unable to prevent Sanfrecce taking the lead in the 23rd. minute as Mogi finished cleanly after being left unmarked. 
His first J.League goal was the first conceded by F.C.TOKYO in the second stage. TOKYO responded by not panicking and maintaining their pressure on the Sanfrecce goal. Ishikawa and Miyazawa both had long range efforts well saved by the Sanfrecce keeper who also produced a fine stop to deny Jean's header from a corner in injury time. The first half ended 0-1. 







Ishikawa Ties It! 

At half time TOKYO manager Hara urged his defence to " Get hold of Mogi, Fujimoto and Takahashi" and his attack to " Use the space created when their side backs push forward ". He added " We're creating chances and have a great chance to turn the game around". Which is exactly what happened. 
The TOKYO defence got to grips with the Sanfrecce forwards as the second half unfolded and the attack suddenly found acres of space down the flanks. 
A very close offside decision denied TOKYO in the 50th. minute and soon after Amaral seemed certain to score as Ishikawa's shot landed at his feet with only the keeper in front of him. Somehow the keeper beat his shot away but the visitors were not to be denied. In the 67th. minute Miyazawa floated a pass into space on the right for Ishikawa to control the ball cleanly and fire coolly past the keeper for the equaliser. 
TOKYO scented blood and continued to press forward. Amaral was inches away from Ishikawa's low cross in the 73rd. minute and a neat heel pass from the same player teed up Miyazawa soon after but his lob sailed over the bar. 
Fukuda, on in place of Toda, blazed wide in the 86th. minute. 
The Sanfrecce defence, ably marshalled by giant centre back Bilong held firm and the home side nearly snatched the winner as extra time beckoned. An infield pass from the right was allowed to run by a Sanfrecce player and midfielder Morisaki lashed a thunderous drive fractionally wide of a post. 
The final chance of the 90 minutes fell to Ishikawa who rasped a shot wide of the post from outside the box. The game moved into extra time. 








TOKYO Press But... 

TOKYO had failed to win any of their games which required extra time this season but set about breaking that jinx in aggressive fashion as the "V Goal" first period kicked off. Chance followed chance but the Sanfrecce keeper held everything TOKYO could throw at him: a powerful shot from Fukuda that deflected off a defender, a blast from Miyazawa, a fine effort from Ishikawa and a near post diving header from Fukuda. In the final minute of the first period of extra time Fukuda picked out Amaral with a sumptuous long ball; the "King of Tokyo" held the ball up inside the area before being barged over by a charging defender. " No foul" was the referee's decision; the home crowd made barely a sound. 
The second period began with Ishikawa again going close with a well struck drive but, as TOKYO strove for the goal that seemed so near, the fates suddenly turned against them. Fujiyama lost possession in the middle of the park and the ball reached Kubo on the right. He outpaced Moniwa and rolled the ball inside for the fast breaking Erceg to smash it past Doi for the winning goal. Unbelievably TOKYO had lost a game in which they outshot the opposition 22-13, and 9-1 in extra time. 
Three consecutive wins for the first time this year was beyond TOKYO's reach. The cause of the defeat was not the mistake which led to conceding the "V Goal" but the profligacy at the other end. The team has four days to regroup before the next match. 

F.C.TOKYO manager Hara: 
" Well, we just didn't take our chances today, simple as that. We had two or three great opportunities, and all credit to 
Sanfrecce's young players, but we need to score more than one goal per game. 
The team condition isn't bad at all but we have to rediscover the knack of converting the chances we create. There are four days until the next game and we hope to bounce back quickly". 

Sanfrecce manager Kimura: 
" This is our first "V Goal" victory of the season and a great boost to the players' confidence. TOKYO are a very strong team but we coped well with their power in the first half. The second was more difficult but the defence held their concentration and performed very well. 
The most satisfying thing was that the players who should decide the game did just that".